better late than never, the 2011 bckngruvmom bucket list

At the end of 2010, many of my fellow women bloggers wrote fabulous bucket lists of what they wanted to do in the upcoming year.  I was not that organized at the end of the year, and I was trying to avoid writing about new years resolutions in general.  I did think about 2011 in terms of what I wanted to do in abundance, but now I have my bucket list!

On the previously mentioned lists, I added what I wanted to do in the comment section on several.  At the top of my wish list for 2011 was taking my mom to Vegas.  With so much going on, why would this be at the top of my list? Well, you have to read my list to find out!

My mom has not been to Las Vegas since the 1980’s when she saw Diana Ross from the front row at Caesar’s Palace.  I was a little girl at the time, so I was at home with grandma!  It was not until years later that I fell in love with the excitement of Las Vegas.  I have been wanting to hit Vegas up on a girls trip with my mom for many years now. Unfortunately, my mom has a very bad back which would make walking around Vegas extremely hard.  On Tuesday, my mom is having surgery to correct her back, and then she truly will get her groove back!  Hopefully, by the end of 2011, my backngroovemom and I will “Viva Las Vegas.”

In 2011, I hope to keep “getting my groove back.”  I will continue to struggle with scheduling, finding patience, and transition.  However, I want to find successful ways to handle these mommy issues and share them with you here on Backngroovemom.  The Backngroovemom Blog has a lot in the bucket and will continue to evolve including information on these subjects. You can look forward to much more on organization, work/life balance, great guests, bra reviews, and intimacy after children.

Which brings me to the Braduct!  I have been staying on schedule with my prototype so far, and being able to market my braduct in 2011 holds a big spot in my bucket list.  I am so excited about how many of my fellow moms have offered to test market for me, and I look forward to your feedback.  This will make me even closer to being able to provide every bra-wearing woman with a braduct!

Continuing with the Braduct, next month StartupNation will roll out their 2011 Moms In Business Contest.  Reading about the 2010 winners, was a fabulous source of inspiration for me, and I am hoping to steal a spot in 2011.  Don’t worry – I will keep reminding you of this contest as the year goes on……

More on the personal level, I want to go to New York City with my boys this year.  We have visited many major cities, but my boys have never seen THE BIG APPLE!  Although football and basketball is always at the top of their list, I want to experience the culture of NYC and the amazing food (especially NY bagels) with them.

Another drop in the bucket for me will be climbing up Sycamore Street on Mt. Washington, Pittsburgh on my bicycle.  My “hubs” is a regular for going up and down Mt. Washington several times in a row – I just want to make it up once!  I am spinning away all winter trying to build up my stamina!

AND, of course, this list would not be complete without adding a 7th Super Bowl win for the Pittsburgh Steelers on the morning after they won the AFC Championship.  My boys are 7 and 10 years old, and this will be the 3rd time that they will see the Steelers go to the Super Bowl!  It will be unbelievable to add another trophy to the 6 we already have!!

Have you added anything to your list since the year started?

• Fiona Stolze January 24, 2011, 10:29 AM

Wow, Rachel. I feel so inspired just reading this. If you only manage half of this, you’ve done magnificently.

So supporting you in reaching your goals and watching out for you being featured in the winner’s list of Moms in Business.

Not much left for me to do but go make my own Bucket List! Thanks Rachel.

• judy goldman January 24, 2011, 10:54 AM

Wow Rachel!
    I sure hope that we take that trip to Vegas together.
    Thanks so much for putting that on the top of your bucket list. It is certainly on the top of my list.
    Thanks and love,
    Your Mom

• Merlyn Sanch January 24, 2011, 1:18 PM

Inspiring list! You’ve motivated to put together my own 2011 bucket list.

And I’m dying to find out what the “braduct” is!

Good luck!

• Donna McCord January 24, 2011, 2:29 PM

You are definitely an inspiration, Rachel! I am rooting for you to accomplish all that you have set out to do, and am excited for you with your Braduct (what is this???) and the contest — yes, keep us posted so we can vote for you! I have not created a bucket list myself, but I don’t think it’s ever too late to do that! and I didn’t realize that Judy was your mom — I love her blogs and am praying for a safe surgery for her and an awesome trip to Vegas for the both of you!

• Rachel H Blaufeld January 24, 2011, 2:33 PM

Thank you Donna! The “braduct” will slowly be revealed, but it will be a product that will complement your bras!
      That is so funny about Judy Stone Goldman – from blogger monday – she is not my mom (but I too lover her posts)
      My mom is Judy Goldman – crazy coincidence!
      hope you saw my question on your blog! RB

• Rachel Lavern January 24, 2011, 4:58 PM

I love bucket lists. The following is an exercise that I take my clients through regarding their bucket lists:

I ask my clients to pick one item and create a visualization of completion around it. If it helps- write it out first and then take a few deep breaths and close your eyes and see it, taste it, feel it, hear it, smell it-use all of your senses to imagine your bucket list item happening right now.

How does it feel? What emotions are you experiencing? The more real your visualization feels to you- the closer you are to manifesting your goal.

Don’t worry if it doesn’t seem real during your visualization. Visualization takes practice.

Rachel Lavern
    Personal Transformation, Enlightenment and Development

• Rachel H Blaufeld January 26, 2011, 11:45 AM

thank you Rachel! that is a fabulous idea! might be an excellent exercise for my mom – she can visualize Vegas during her recovery! Thanks again – RB

• Julie Labes January 24, 2011, 5:21 PM

As yet i don’t have a bucket list. Some of the things I planned to do in my life I have already done and some..not yet so i guess it is time for me to put pen to paper and get mine together.
    It seems as though there is a determination to your post so i have no doubt that you will do all the things you say you will. I look forward to hearing about the braduct…The SuperBowl?…not so much

Julie Labes,…The Fierce over 50 feels much younger point and click junkie loves to travel does not use a jogging stroller and before you ask this is NOT my granddaughter..Woman

• Rachel Miller January 24, 2011, 5:40 PM

What a great list! As someone who went to NYC, for the first time over the holidays you absolutely need to make that happen.

My boyfriend is from the CT about 45 min outside of the city so he made sure my daughter and I got there. She’s 9 and she loved it! Times Square the day before New Year’s eve, 5th avenue shopping and lots of other great stops. We are Chicago area natives but there really is nothing like NYC.

Whatever you accomplish it looks like it’s going to be a great year! Best wishes!

• Laurie Hurley January 24, 2011, 6:19 PM

Great bucket list. I took my mom to Vegas last year and we saw Cher – it was so much fun.
    I admire you for actually writing down your bucket list and having solid goals and aspirations.

And, the braduct? I have to look into that more. It sounds very intriguing!

• Judy Stone-Goldman January 24, 2011, 6:33 PM

Judy Stone-Goldman here–and definitely not your mom!!!–Very funny coincidence. 🙂

I love your goal of taking your mom to Las Vegas, and (to further the confusion), I hope she has as good a result from her back surgery as I had from mine!

Really, these are great goals to have, and I will look forward to learning more about this mysterious product you are creating. I also enjoyed reading this now, after the spate of New Year’s posts. It’s just the third week in January, and all those posts seem a long time ago. This was refreshing.

Best,

Judy (hyphenated name) Stone-Goldman

• Rachel H Blaufeld January 26, 2011, 11:47 AM

Judy – – thanks! I feel that it is best to let the excitement of the new year settle before making any major goals/changes! I am glad to hear you had success with your back surgery….hoping for the same for my mom. RB

• Erika Gold Kestenberg January 25, 2011, 4:18 AM

Hey Rachel! I so needed that inspiration! I’m happy to support you any way I can with your braducts and otherwise. I love what you’re up to! Thanks for sharing! I’m off to create my bucket list!!! XO

Much love and support to your precious Mom too! Be well and heal fast! XO

• Jen Sako January 25, 2011, 10:43 AM

Your blog made me laugh! Yes, yes, yes! I hope you fit all of this in and more. BTW, are you living in Pittsburgh at the moment?

• Pat Zahn January 25, 2011, 12:40 PM

First, good luck & well wishes to your mom for successful surgery and quick recovery. It’s interesting to me that you have created a “bucket list” for the year rather than a life-time – prevents you from putting off things, I think. You have all of us ladies in suspense – what-oh-what is a braduct, such a tease…

Pat Zahn

• Darcie Newton January 25, 2011, 3:10 PM

Bucket lists are so important. I am always asking my clients to create one that will extend into their retirement so that they will find the motivation to save and invest now. I’m even making it a theme for Fridays in my Twitter stream…thanks for sharing yours and why these things are so important to you.

Darcie Newton
    Wine not whine. Nature not nurture. Discipline for profit, none for cheese.
    http//www.mywealthspa.com

• Jennifer Duchene January 26, 2011, 3:20 AM

Bucket list are a great way to keep track of things that are important. I think my clients should have bucket lists for what they want in their homes. Lifestyle is so much about abundance and how we enjoy our daily lives, not just the big items. Best wishes for your mom, and for you making it to the winners circle in the Mom’s in Business Contest.
    I have a feeling you are going to empty your bucket, and make all those items happen.

Jennifer Duchene
    Home Makeover Mixtress blending lifestyle and laughter

• Brandy Mychals January 26, 2011, 9:19 AM

Great list and love the visuals. So cute the blog comment from your mom 🙂 I haven’t made a bucket list…it might be time to do so!
    Brandy Mychals
    Communications Coach
    Creator of Split Second Perceptions

• Rob Wallis January 26, 2011, 11:24 AM

Am I the only one that finds this blog extremely difficult to read?

Regardless, wonderful topic! While I don’t have a bucket list per se, I do have things I want to accomplish (what DON’T I want to accomplish?), and lists are important to keep those goals in front of you.

I recently set up my music studio in my office nook at home. It’s right outside the bedroom door, so it’s always there as a reminder to keep writing, and recording music. I have songs that I wrote 20 years ago that have never been recorded, because “someday” never came! Now’s the time!

• Rachel H Blaufeld January 26, 2011, 11:49 AM

Thanks to all of you on the well wishes for my mom! As for the braduct — all in good time! Hopefully, soon I will be able to reveal!! RB

• Louise Edington January 26, 2011, 1:49 PM

Much of my bucket list involves traveling to places I have never been to yet. I took my husband to NYC for his 40ht as that was on his bucket list. I also want to take my girls there and to Paris. So may places for me! So my main bucket list is to be successful enough through working with Ann Evanston on the Social Networking Caoching Club to visit all those places!
    Louise Edington
    Facing Fears For Freedom

• Rachel H Blaufeld January 27, 2011, 11:13 AM

Louise — I am sure that Ann will guide you to success! She is a force not to be reckoned with….RB

• Nicole January 27, 2011, 10:20 AM

Great bucket list Rachel! I’ve had one since I was a kid. Lots of those have been crossed off, but new ones added. As others have said, if you achieve even half this year you are doing awesome.

There is one I hope doesn’t happen. I am a HUGE Packers fan, so will be cheering against the Steelers in a week.

Best wishes to your mom for a speedy recovery.

• Robbie Schlosser January 28, 2011, 1:01 AM

Thanks for this inspiring post. What a list!

I noticed recently that Amazon.com has a feature called “wish list”, where you can list books and things you want someday. You can keep it private or make it public, like a bridal registry.

Anything on your list that people can help you with? Maybe get the word out, and you might accomplish everything on your list, and more.

• Barbara Hyman January 28, 2011, 1:14 PM

On my bucket list, Enlightenment! Meditation! Singing, laughing and dancing! Thanks for the reminder! Good luck with all of this!

• Connie Umbenhower January 28, 2011, 1:56 PM

What an awesome bucket list. I love that you are planning a Viva Las Vegas trip with your mom. Sending positive thoughts and energy for your mom’s quick recovery from her back surgery.

All the best on your list for 2011. It is an amazing list!