justin bieber & mompreneurs, solopreneurs, entrepreneurs

Never say Never, Never say Never……

That’s right!  I am quoting Justin Bieber.  Believe me when I say, I cannot believe it myself! After the Grammys last night, you are more than likely at maximum capacity with musical performers, but hear me out……Over the weekend, I joined a group of my friends who have daughters (remember – I only have boys) to go see Justin Bieber, Never Say Never in 3D.  I am sure you are saying “NEVER” – that you would never go see this movie.  Guess what?  The movie was a lot of fun AND I learned something!  Besides the fact that Bieber’s mom, grandparents, agent, vocal coach, and Usher tell a compelling story about Justin and his life, the movie is really about branding.  You heard correctly – branding.  If you are starting a business, growing a business, or rebuilding a business – GO see this movie!

Have I piqued your interest now?  I do not want to give away too much of the movie, so I will just say that Justin Bieber and his team did the unthinkable.  They built a brand from scratch at lightning speed.  Bieber created a brand large enough to sell out Madison Square Garden on his first tour — something other musical artists may never be able to do.  Hence – Never say Never.

Guess what type of tools, Bieber & team used in building their brand?  If you said, You Tube and Twitter – You are right.  If you know someone who doubts the power of these tools, take them on a date to this flick.  They will probably Never say Never in regards to Twitter after seeing this movie.

When developing a new business or breathing new life into a current business, it is crucial to believe in oneself, create a strong brand, and live the brand to its fullest. This is what Justin did, and it is what you have to do as a mompreneur, solopreneur, entrepreneur.  It is not enough to do just one of these, but you have to do all three — believe, create, and live your brand.  Wavering and acting wishy-washy in your own brand is the worst action you can do.  If you do not believe in your own brand, no one else will either!

I always live my brand whether making a decision on creating potential logos to what I wear to a conference and everything in between.  This is what you have to do when throwing yourself into the ring as a start-up business.  Brand is how we differentiate ourselves, claim territory & customers, and leave a lasting impression.  One example for me is I am all about “getting a groove back” – it does not matter what type of groove, but getting a new groove after losing a vibe somewhere along the path of life. I am a mom, wife, woman getting a new groove.  Recently, I chatted up the camera guy for the Spark and Hustle Recap Video – without even knowing it, “Back in the Groove” entered into my testimonial.  I was truly living my brand!

Today is Monday, the start of a new week, & February 14 — Valentine’s Day.  It is the perfect day to LOVE your brand.  Please share – What is one way that you live and love your brand? AND,  do not forget to Never say Never when it comes to your brand and business.

• Nicole February 14, 2011, 9:22 AM

Great post (in spite of Bieber Fever 🙂 ).

My brand is to make finance fun while growing your profits. I work to inject humor in all my interactions. Today I’ll be hosting a funding expert on my radio show, and I commit to creating at least one LOL moment.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

• Rachel Blaufeld February 14, 2011, 9:28 AM

Nicole – you do an excellent job of making finance fun! That is why I have signed on with you!
    I am hoping to catch your segment!! Have a wonderful V-Day! RB

• Jenny Jones February 14, 2011, 9:29 AM

I will go see it again!

• Julie Labes February 14, 2011, 9:50 AM

I haven’t seen it but my son is trying to break into the music industry so i might tell him to go with me..Perhaps we both learn something

Julie Labes,…The Fierce over 50 feels much younger point and click junkie loves to travel does not use a jogging stroller and before you ask this is NOT my granddaughter..Woman

• Laurie Hurley February 14, 2011, 11:16 AM

Ok, this is a wonderful blog! Post it. And, even though I am not a Justin Bieber fan, he did the right thing- from taping himself and posting, posting, posting on You Tube to exposing himself all over the social media outlets. At 16, that is quite a feat. As you and I know, branding IS everything. I love this post!

• Rachel Blaufeld February 20, 2011, 5:19 PM

Thanks Laurie –
      it is amazing how he created his brand — especially with video! I know you are big on the concept of video. I need to get over the hump. Rachel

• Haralee February 14, 2011, 3:15 PM

I will take your word about the movie. I agree he is an American success story!
    Good PR, Good Image, Good Exposure, yes,Good Branding.

• lisawifemom February 14, 2011, 8:06 PM

You are the second mom that has told me that you, surprisingly, liked the movie. I will go and see it, it can’t hurt and it can’t be that bad, I love music in general anyway.

Thanks, this is a great post!

Lisa Vitale

• Janice Schwarz February 15, 2011, 10:15 PM

As a web designer, I can sometimes have a hard time getting people to be consistent in their branding. The website’s look and feel needs to be in line with business cards, pamphlets, and other marketing materials.

That said, a lot of people don’t realize how many areas branding crosses over into. It’s not just about a look. Glad you touched on some of the areas branding can be done.

• Rachel Blaufeld February 20, 2011, 5:20 PM

Janice – funny how people do not realize how much of their brand that they actually are??? Rachel

• Denisse Marie February 17, 2011, 11:45 PM

The power of social media! I love it. Not a movie I would choose to go see but I will take your word for it and go see it. I agree branding is everything and an important foundation every business needs (or even celebrity or mom) 🙂