mompreneur, down & dirty, Q&A

I have not recorded a Bckngruv-video in a while, so I thought that I would start this week off with one. This past week and the ones coming up, are what I call the “down and dirty” part of being a mompreneur.  Nothing glamorous just a lot of meetings, research, phone calls, and general business planning.  I share some of these details with you in the video, and propose an opportunity for us to share together  — check it out!

editor’s note: still working out all the technical difficulties and not saying “so” every other sentence, but all in all – better than last vlog.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8XxJzHyj-A&w=480&h=390]

SO – there you have it! A tiny update on the prototype.  Not much – I know!  I am really trying to ignore the overall aesthetics of the braduct right now, and concentrate on functionality and preparing for test marketing.  A very long and arduous road……..I cannot wait to be able to share something fabulous with you!

Many of you have been tweeting me, emailing me, messaging me with mompreneur-related questions.  OK – see the comments section below?   Put your questions there, so I can answer them all in one place!

• Haralee February 21, 2011, 12:26 PM

Focus groups in differnet parts of the country?
    I held 4 focus groups 2 on the West Coast and 2 on the East and was surprised at the different preferance for sleepwear.

• Rachel Blaufeld February 21, 2011, 7:51 PM

Haralee — I am marking down this point.
      Yes – I think geographically different focus groups are important (especially in clothing & sleepwear b/c of climates), and I will address that. Thanks – Rachel

• Manhattan Beach Momma February 21, 2011, 4:42 PM

Good to see you again, my friend! Great update! Loved your cartoon box descriptions over your head!
    Debbie

• Rachel Blaufeld February 21, 2011, 7:52 PM

Debbie – good to see you too! wish that it was really in person 🙂 Rachel

• Fiona Stolze February 21, 2011, 6:16 PM

Fab to see and hear you Rachel. Nice!! And the suspense is really building isn’t it? I can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve. I know you said it was bra-related, but that still ticks so many boxes. Whatever it is, you seem to be making a really professional job of it.

Totally supporting you in your endeavours and I know it’s going to be such a resounding success. You really deserve it with all this energy you’re putting into it.

Inspired Art and Living

• Rachel Blaufeld February 21, 2011, 7:54 PM

Thanks Fiona! Things are progressing SLOWLY, but that is good because I want to do it RIGHT! I cannot wait to make the big reveal, but there are many steps before that. I hope to inspire and help in the meantime. Rachel

• Irene Turner February 21, 2011, 6:26 PM

Rachel, kudos to you on the vlogging. I’m still avoiding as I’m more hung up then Ann would like to see me about the background and visuals. So! I have to get on it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    You go girl.

• Susan Berland February 21, 2011, 7:34 PM

This is my first visit to your site and so I wasn’t quite sure what the prototype was for but figured it out! Love the comment from Fiona on totally supporting you. Made me laugh at the unintended pun of supporting you while you are working on a bra! I know this won’t be my last visit and I look forward to learning more about your progress.

Susan Berland
    A Picture’s Worth

• Rachel Blaufeld February 21, 2011, 7:55 PM

Thanks Susan….making a bra-related product which has morphed into the term – braduct! Hope that you enjoy the site and visit often. Rachel

• Rita Brennan Freay February 21, 2011, 8:50 PM

Your vlog makes being new to your site intriguing and fun. It made me look around your site to find out more…very cool! Sounds interesting…can’t wait to see what comes next. Good luck with your test markets and prototypes!!! I will be back to find out more…thanks for sharing!

• Kelly Fallis February 21, 2011, 8:58 PM

a vlogging mom …i love it! Mom one day, but vlogging pronto i go …and now craving a starbucks big time. All the best in the ‘to concept’ trenches …been there, done that 2x so let me know if i can help in any way.

• My @ tha Hotness.com February 21, 2011, 9:20 PM

I can’t wait to see the prototype of this Bra related product! I’m excited!

• Rachel Lavern February 21, 2011, 9:25 PM

Kudos to you Rachel! As Mike Litman says “you don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it going.”

Rachel Lavern
    Personal Transformation, Enlightenment and Development Coach
    “Live without limits because nothing is impossible to you.”

• lisawifemom February 21, 2011, 9:50 PM

Hello my new friend, how are you? Love the video, not too many “so” in there. Love the pix with the coffee cup too!

Now that you’re this far in to the process, do you find the balancing of work and family easier?

Can’t wait to see something. Take care.

Lisa Vitale

• Rachel Blaufeld February 22, 2011, 5:25 PM

I have to say the balancing act is difficult, but I have some pointers that make it easier — I will share them in my “answer post”…stay tuned.
      Rachel

• Pat Zahn February 22, 2011, 11:57 AM

It must be so frustrating moving at what seems to me a snail’s pace – I’m very impatient, once I “see” something I want it done yesterday! It’s wonderful you are doing it right and if I develop a product I will be knocking on your door for advice.

Pat Zahn, Photo Solutions Superhero

• Rachel Blaufeld February 22, 2011, 5:26 PM

Pat — the pace is EXCRUCIATING, but needs to be this way. I would love to help you someday. Rachel

• Robbie Schlosser February 22, 2011, 12:33 PM

Congratulations on your progress, though no one seems to know much about your product — only the vague hints you regularly drop to build interest. Something about “duct” tape? I hear it can be useful for practically everything. So we’re standing by, to see the result of all your careful preparation. BTW, nice video!
    Robbie

• Connie Umbenhower February 22, 2011, 1:46 PM

Congratulations Rachel on following what sounds like a process you are developing on taking your product to market.

Look forward to hearing more as you move forward.

• June Sockol February 22, 2011, 1:49 PM

Great vlog Rachel. I’m still working on getting mine out there. I’m very curious to see your prototype. I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

• Laurie Hurley February 22, 2011, 3:54 PM

Hey – great to see and hear you again! Waiting patiently for the “unveiling” of “it” No questions yet. But one suggestion – get a Flip!! Your lips are not synchronized with your words. This happened to me, too until I bought the Flip. It distracts from your wonderful message. Keep us updated! Lots of work, I know but hang in there, it will come together and be fabulous- you have worked hard!

• Rachel Blaufeld February 22, 2011, 5:27 PM

Laurie – I have a bloggy — latest sony gadget, but just received tripod today….so hopefully, my video quality will get better! Rachel

• Donna McCord February 22, 2011, 4:58 PM

Hi Rachel! I so enjoyed being able to see you in motion and hear your voice…when we get to know people online it just adds so much to see a video and you did a great job! I want to do a video sometime, too, just have to figure out how to do it! Anyway, I admire your dedication and organization and high energy to accomplish your goals, and can’t wait to learn more about what you are doing. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and best wishes!

• Maridel Bowes February 22, 2011, 5:53 PM

Wow, Rachel! Anyone who takes an inspiration from idea to product deserves a bravo! I wish you much success and look forward to the reveal vlog. Sounds like it truly WILL be “revealing.”

• wildforwildtree February 22, 2011, 6:03 PM

Well I think your vlog was great and I have no tips (of course I’m no vlog expert). Loving to see the mompreneur exchanges so I can learn from them — YAY!
    Yvonne Hall
    www/facebook.com/wildforwildtree

• Julie Labes February 22, 2011, 7:26 PM

Nice video. I am excited to see what you have up your sleeve (or under your shirt perhaps?) I had a reduction some years ago but before that every bra I had to buy was really ugly. So now i am always interested in anything that i may be able to wear that does not have 16 fasteners down the back!

Julie Labes,…The Fierce over 50 feels much younger point and click junkie loves to travel does not use a jogging stroller and before you ask this is NOT my granddaughter..Woman

• Jillian February 22, 2011, 8:04 PM

Great video, and I am inspired to search for clues in the rest of the website. As a Boudoir/Pin UP photographer, I love anything bra-related :0) I am looking forward to the big reveal!
    Jillian

• Louise Edington February 22, 2011, 11:24 PM

Well done on the video Rachel – from one who does loads of them now. Took me an age to get the quality right . Are you uploading through editing software? That caused me to have quality issues. Not that it matters that much as what’s important is to just do it – as we teach on Social Networking Coaching Club.
    Louise Edington
    Facing Fears For Freedom

• Brandy Mychals February 23, 2011, 8:28 AM

I can’t wait for the great “reveal”! Bra duct has me wondering… 🙂
    I’ll keep checking back,
    Brandy Mychals
    Communications Coach
    Creator of Split Second Perceptions

• serenitylure February 24, 2011, 7:32 PM

So… I really can’t wait to see what goodies you have in store for us. I am hoping that it will somehow help me with the “girls” I will continue to follow you :).

• Lisa Ann Landry February 26, 2011, 7:11 PM

Hi my first time here, not sure what the prototype is but guessing its something for boobies based on the comments. Looking for something sexy for my hubby returning from deployment, could this be it?

Lisa Ann Landry
    I’m an exuberant force of light…Come light up your life

• Darcie Newton February 27, 2011, 1:05 AM

Peaked my interest…can’t wait to see what you reveal.

Darcie Newton
    Discipline for profit, none for jammy zins, triple creme brie or memorable necklaces