Frazzled, Over-Committed, & Forgiveness

It is Monday, mid-day here on the East Coast, and I still have not updated my blog which rarely happens.  I am way too scattered today.  It is not as if I am having writer’s block or lacking of something to say, but rather TOO much to put into words.  This is most certainly going to turn into a CRAZY WEEK, and I am sure that I have set the bar too high for myself – watch & see:

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB1UudbHYCI?rel=0&w=640&h=390]

The theme of next week will be forgiveness….forgiveness for myself.  I know that I am GUILTY of taking on too much, but sometimes it cannot be avoided.  We just need to give ourselves a little bit of flexibility, and move on.  We can still be fabulous and ROCK work/life balance next week.  If our groove is a little bit off, it only takes the right composition to get it back.  After we figure out what the right mix of commitment is, we can find the composition and our groove.

How do you decide what to commit to and what not to? Please Share – Rachel

• Haralee May 9, 2011, 11:49 AM

Rachel, I am glad to hear from your video that you are not beating yourself up but taking it in stride that this will be a busy week.
    My two cents is that you have to ask yourself what do you get out of the comittments you make. Many people who solicit volunteers are masters of guil or getting some one else do what they don’t want to do. Yes your sanity is worth it!

• Rachel Blaufeld May 13, 2011, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the sound advice Haralee — I am taking a more organized approach to saying yes or no to volunteer opportunities….this week was unavoidable b/c it was a chance to do something great for the boys’ school! Rachel (now onto a hectic weekend)

• Denisse Marie May 11, 2011, 12:48 PM

When I realize I over committed myself I take a breath and just take one thing at a time and remind myself that it will get done so there is no need to get overwhelmed. And like you said we just move on and rock the next week! I like how you said that 🙂

Its already midweek so I hope your week is going okay and you are rocking it!

• Rachel Blaufeld May 13, 2011, 10:18 AM

Denisse – I hope that I am rocking the week! The good news is the event for the boys’ school was awesome AND I am being much better with my scheduling for next week! RB

• Nicole Fende May 12, 2011, 9:12 AM

Lock me up – I’m guilty too!

It’s funny, as I was watching the video I was thinking “she should just cut herself some slack, look at all she’s getting done”. Then I realized I wasn’t giving myself the same treatment.

Also Haralee makes a great point about people who are masters at getting volunteers. Another one you often here, “It really won’t take long”.

• Rachel Blaufeld May 13, 2011, 10:15 AM

Nicole – I think that we are all very hard on ourselves.
      As for the volunteering thing – I think that it is important, but I now stop and wait a few days before answering yes or no….then, I evaluate the pros and cons of that particular situation. It seems to help. RB

• Emily May 12, 2011, 8:11 PM

I’ve never really had the overcommitment problem. My issue is with overdoing things and not relaxing enough. Similar, but different…

• Rachel Blaufeld May 13, 2011, 10:14 AM

Emily – I find the relaxing part difficult too! It is so hard to shut our minds off! Rachel