I need a blogging challenge. I know you are probably thinking that I do not need any more challenges than I already have, but I need a blogging challenge. A BIG, FAT challenge. This is what I like to do to myself — challenge more and more.
I was recently inspired by a woman who I met who is going ONE year – 365 days – without any frivolous shopping. I was immediately impressed. I hear a lot about blogging challenges, but this one piqued my interest. Jamie, as part of promise 365, was putting her concentration (and money) in her mind, body, and soul.
Fascinating – right? I think so. A challenge with appeal to the heart and the mind, but certainly keeps you on your toes for the shopping trip on day 366!
There are so many blogging challenges – 30 days, 100 days, ones with a mission, ones without – I just do not know how to pick.
I am pretty certain that I want to start with a 30 day challenge, but cannot decide a topic. Do I begin with fun and fabulous, something with a huge mission, parent related topics, moms in business, or just all about ME?
I have a few ideas to think about:
- 30 days of not making the beds. This may sound crazy, but I am crazy about the beds being made and why? What is the purpose? Could I not find something better to do? Could I survive 30 days without making any beds? Would my house still be standing? Could I let go of that control to gain some elsewhere?
- 30 amazing personal discoveries. Digging deep and seeing the real ME. What makes me tick? How do I fuel the fire deep down inside me? No bullshit — just ME.
- 30 of my most favorite products. I am a consumer (shhhh), but I have favorites, so why not share them? I would add a special touch – Each day, I would give away one item of the product featured to random commenters.
- Enough fun – 30 of my most cherished non-profits. A benevolent way to allow others to connect with the amazing resources out there. A bridge between my social work days and my biz days.
- Candy-less for 30 days. This would be a HUGE challenge to me. I could live without a lot, but I LOVE my candy. Who knows what the results would be?
What do you think?
Do you have a favorite challenge?
Should I do 30 days of each choice?
Please let me know your thoughts? I want to start next week – let’s get this fat challenge going!
Bring it on! Rachel