On your mark, get set, SHOP (and Breathe)!

Black Friday is here, and I imagine that very few of you will even be reading this because you are probably out shopping!

I know my good friend, Jenny, is out looking for Black Friday Bargains, and even my 9-year-old friend, J, was waking up at 5 a.m. to hit the stores with her Aunt Carly.

Not Me! I am shuttling to and from basketball clinics, cleaning up from yesterday, writing for you (which you are not reading), and getting a bikini wax.  Ok, I may stop for a few deals on my way home from the waxing, but don’t tell HB.

No matter what you are doing (hopefully reading this blog), the holidays are stressful. Wish that I could come up with a more creative way to put it, but I can’t. This week, on ModernMom.Com, I shared some Turkey Tension Tamers.  HB asked me if I actually followed my own advice.  Well, now that you put it that way….I am going to try.

I am starting with a deep breath.  Did I mention that I am going on a biz trip next week, my youngest son is starting drum lessons, there are book reports due, and basketball games begin?  Well, I am still breathing.

I will make this short and sweet because I know you all have bargains to find, but I got a little giveaway for you!

Eco-Chi is a book written by Debra Duneier on green living coupled with Feng Shui, and it includes a number of tips for stress management during the holidays.  Who could use that? ME!  ME!  ME!

Leave a comment below with your #1 stress management tip during the holidays, and the winner will randomly be selected from your comments by my nifty And the Winner Is plugin.

Entries accepted through Dec. 2. 2011.

Remember – I say Breathe! Breathe Deeply!

Please do not forget that tomorrow – Sat November 27, 2011 is Small Business Saturday by Am Ex.  Save some money from today and support your local economy tomorrow, and do your neighborhood good!

Rachel

Comments on this entry are closed.

• Dr. G November 25, 2011, 3:56 PM

Breathing now, thanks!
    Dr. G recently posted..House Rules for Kids Over 18My Profile

• Averiesmom November 26, 2011, 6:30 AM

I make lists and when I accomplish even the smallest item on my “To Do” list, the simple act of checking it off calms my mind…

• Rachel Blaufeld November 26, 2011, 5:58 PM

I agree – checking it off makes a big difference

• Haralee November 27, 2011, 5:11 PM

I have a friend who shops year round. She has a closet with names of those she has to buy gifts and writes what she bought and tucks it away. She has gifts for “boy age 9” or “girl age 12” also put aside just in case her kids tell her they are going to a birthday party the next day. She is fun to shop with as she is a bargain hunter and is always on the look-out and shares finds if you tell her you are hunting for something.
    Not all of us can be this organized, but it does tone down the craziness and makes shopping fun.
    Haralee recently posted..WelcomeMy Profile

• Rachel Blaufeld November 28, 2011, 10:31 AM

I think that I could modify this — hmmmm

• Nicole Fende November 28, 2011, 7:15 AM

Although I’m not quite as Type A as Haralee’s friend, I DO have a special plastic bin for gifts. When I see something that is just perfect for someone (especially those hard to buy for on my list) and its on sale – it’s mine. Also when I noticed the stress creeping in I take a deep breath and remind myself that in a year or two I won’t even remember the things currently stressing me out.
    Nicole Fende recently posted..I appreciate YOU – let me show youMy Profile