Last month Linked In published the Top 10 2011 Overused Buzzwords. In case you missed it, here they are along with a bit of my colorful mommentary:
- Creative – not only when it comes to DIY crafts but EVERYTHING
- Organizational – pretty sure this rules out multi-tasking, too
- Effective – negotiating homework vs TV time does not count
- Extensive Experience – takes tushie and nose wiping immediately off the table
- Track Record – what about ‘took time off to raise family?’
- Motivated – does not mean excited to get dressed and act like an adult
- Innovative – slow cooker recipes do not count
- Problem Solving – insert here: answers emails while paying kids to play in basement
- Communication Skills – does not mean you text, talk and drive at the same time
- Dynamic – at work NOT in bed
Moms – Turn your back on the Buzz of 2011, and face 2012 with a vengeance. Whether you are reinvigorated in your current space after the holidays or staring a new opportunity in the eye. Forget trying to add what are presumed the hip buzzwords, and seek fulfillment and happiness in whatever floats your boat.
Do it with dogged determination and perseverance and sometimes inject a little selfishness and freshly manicured hands. These are my personal buzzwords.
Do you have a buzz about yourself? What is YOUR word?