It strikes me that no one (neither mom, dad, nor alien) is reading anything during this HOT and bothered summer. I don’t blame any of them. Between chasing kids and running carpools and working and grilling and swimming and reading smut, there is not much time for reading.
So, in honor of the one year anniversary of Back’nGrooveMom becoming self-hosted and tomorrow being the first official day of summer, I am sharing my TOP five subjects to write about in the summer (so someone actually reads your blog).
- Fruit Drinks. Umbrella Drinks. Mocktails. Cocktails. Anything that makes people feel like they are on vacation, and subsequently they want to pin it.
- Sunscreen. SPF. The good, the bad, and the ugly of the best skin care during summer. I still do not know which is the best or which one to buy, but I like this one.
- The Furries. The Anthrocon Conference in Pittsburgh. Yes, every summer, my hometown hosts a conference for a group of people fascinated with anthropomorphic qualities who just so happened to save a local restaurant and walk around in huge, hot, furry outfits. Hey look – we all have some kind of freak flag.
- Traveling with kids tips. Staycation Ideas. DIY fun. The Inmates are out for the summer – so to speak. This is why Cocktails and Mocktails are #1.
- How to do everything that you need to do in a day and spare an extra hour or two. I don’t know the answer, but I thought that I would put it here in case someone does.
Happy Summer. Hope to see you before September. WHAT is your tactic? excuse? ha!
Photo Credits: Martha Stewart & Neutroegna