As I make final plans for the 4th quarter of 2012, I can’t help but to think a tiny bit about 2013. Just a wee little bit, so I decided to have a little fun and make a short bucket list. At Blogher, I met a fabulous woman (in P.R. – duh), and she asked me, “Who are your dream brands?’
Out of this question, my very own who’s who of who I would give my first-born, or at least my left arm to work with (I am right-handed) grew and grew.
Here it is – The Back’nGrooveMom Bucket List:
- Tory Burch. If I could fill my whole closet with Tory Burch, I would. A mom entrepreneur herself, Tory is an never-ending inspiration to women everywhere, especially because she was told ‘no’ when she tried to sell her very first ready-to-wear and would not accept this for an answer. I cannot help but to admire the way Tory has made helping other women in business her passion. Wouldn’t it be great for Tory to outfit me for my next speaking engagement? Not that Tory needs the publicity, but a gal can dream.
- Royal Caribbean. Cruising the high seas on Royal Caribbean conjures up so many memories for me. Not just awesome memories of Henry’s, the boys’ and my family trips on the ships, but childhood ones of my dad finally relaxing and enjoying a family trip with us after a busy work season. Never mind that my photos of the Allure of the Seas already show up on a first page of a Google search, I did that one for good measure. Now, I wish for more…
- Starbucks. This is no secret. I cannot drink enough Starbucks. Whether at home or out and about, there is nothing like a hot or iced Starbucks coffee for me.
- Shake Shack. Well, my boys would think this is positively awesome and would willingly help me promote this project. They love Shake Shack, and between the natural ingredients, wine and milkshakes it is a win/win all around.
- Apple. I will keep dreaming and iPhoning away (and now I am just searching for any angle to get a new iPhone 5).
- Yogi Toes. Often I am asked, how I stay sane? The answer is yoga, and the solution to a good yoga class for me is my yogi toes. I love the brand, also started by a female entrepreneur originally in her garage. Not only does the product do good, but the story of Susan Nichols does, too.
- Stella and Dot. Another woman, mom, entrepreneur who made it BIG. Larger than lights big. I had the pleasure of hearing Jessica Herrin speak at Spark and Hustle, L.A., and already a fan of her fun jewelry, I left a fan of hers, too. A staple of my daily look and priced well, Stella and Dot would be a great fit on BacknGrooveMom.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes. I don’t even know how this would fit in, but any chance to eat cupcakes is good with me. Well, they did invent the first cupcake ATM, which intrigues me to no end as an entrepreneur and small biz person.
There you have it – From French Fries to Cupcakes to Yoga to Fashion & Jewelry and Travel and of course, Lattes….the who’s who of who I dream of having fun with on this blog. Many of them moms just like you and me who had a dream, passion, and dogged determination.