Gonna let you in on my latest news

KudosLeo_zps6f851356

You ask:  Where have I been?

Celebrating, a little bit.  Just a tiny bit.  Not with Leonardo, but with my family (and of course, my friend Stef).

For months (possibly more), I have been torturing many of you with my vague and nondescript answers when it comes to the BraductIt has not been easy – trust me.  The last 8 months or so have wrecked me, tied me in knots, and brought me to put a big dent in my filing cabinet with my foot.

The last year has also taught me discipline, planning, patience, and a great deal about myself including, but not limited to, I like the creative side of business but not logistics.

So, you ask why I am celebrating just a bit?  Why I ‘cracked the bottle’ finally?

I have officially licensed my product!!!  Here is where I start to torture everyone, myself included again….That is all I can say for now.

Ok, I can give you one more little tidbit:  In the very near future, you will be able to purchase the Braduct  (by a different name TBD) from a retailer and maintain the shape and integrity of your bras (and therefore your tatas inside your bras).

The good news is this – I now have a comprehensive list of tips for budding inventors that I will share coming up….

I also have an enormous list of people to thank, which I really need to think of an appropriate way to do…RIGHT now, I will say this week’s minor celebrating is in honor of Chris and his team at Trident.  Who knew when I got in my car and drove off to Columbus that my wishes and dreams and passion would become so intrinsically tied to the team at Trident Design.

It is somewhat perfect that I write this on the morning of the Finale of this season’s Shark Tank.  There are so many inventors, creators, and talented entrepreneurs out there … yet, it always seems that how to get from point A to Point B is a big mystery, so I am happy to answer any questions –

Leave them in the comments!

• Loukia May 17, 2013, 1:49 PM

Amazing! Congratulation! You should be very proud. xox
    Loukia recently posted..Top 15 Reasons I’m AwesomeMy Profile

• Jenny from Mommin' It Up May 17, 2013, 1:57 PM

Congrats!!! So proud of you!
    Jenny from Mommin’ It Up recently posted..Angelina Jolie’s NOT SO SHOCKING NewsMy Profile

• Haralee May 17, 2013, 7:39 PM

Yeah! Can’t wait. It is an amazing process I learned as well in bringing a product to market!

• Rachel Blaufeld May 20, 2013, 11:58 AM

you have been such a valuable resource and support – haralee!

• Scott May 20, 2013, 9:57 AM

Congratulations on hitting this significant milestone. I have two invention concepts that I’ve been kicking around for several years now without any real progress. The farthest I’ve gotten is making VERY rudimentary prototypes of both products. I’m stuck in the “now what” stage. Between my existing career, marriage and two kids in diapers, I’m not sure how to proceed or whether I can carve out the required time. Any thoughts you’d have on this would be appreciated.

• Rachel Blaufeld May 20, 2013, 11:59 AM

absolutely scott — I know the feeling!
      I am on it for you – will tackle this issue!

• Cindy Entin May 22, 2013, 6:29 PM

OMG – I can not even put in to words how ridiculously excited I am for you!!!! (A wee bit jealous, too!!) Congrats on all of your hard work paying off! It is so easy to give up on this crazy roller coaster of a ride of being an inventor/entrepreneur – thanks for reminding me that it is not an option!! – C : )

• Michele Robinson June 8, 2013, 12:16 AM

Hi Rachel! I was so excited to come across your website. A Mom and Inventor! I saw your name and background on the Spark and Hustle website as an upcoming speaker at the New York Conference in July. By the way…congrats for being chosen to speak! I wish I could see your presentation live and connect with you in New York at that conference, but I live in Atlanta and will be attending that one. I am an “Inventor in the Making”. LOL! That just means that I am in the grassroots stage for getting an invention patented, etc. Do you have information on your site or would be willing to have a webinar for folks like me that need to understand the steps needed to take the prototype to the next level? Like you, I hear the beginning and the end stories, but I’m, looking for the “meat”. For example, how did you go about choosing manufacturers, how did you secure a licensing deal, did you get your product patented before or after your licensing deal, etc, etc. I would love to hear how your success story unfolded. Thanks and good luck on your new product venture!!